April 5, 2013

HOW KAMALAMMA GARU BECAME
SRI MATA KAMALAMBIKA



From the Divyacharitra all of us know how Venkata Siri Narasamma came to be called Kamalamma, by her father Kokkanda Venkataratnam garu. But the question that arose in my mind was, “How did Kamalamma become Kamalambika?”

        Is it just a casual reference (or) a name born out of reverence (or) did she perfect her practices to rise to the level of being equated to a PARADEVATA (i.e.) a SHAKTHI or AMBIKA?

        Let us now carefully analyse her life which by itself is an illustration to show that a HUMAN can rise beyond worldly limitations and reach the level of GODHEAD! I would like to analyse in three different stages.

STEP 1: The inherent advantages by birth and through marriage     
STEP 2: Her own efforts or Sadhana
STEP 3: Progressing and sustaining the levels achieved through intense and continued practices

#       Being born to Kokkanda Venkatratnam pantulu garu itself is sufficient to show that a spiritually well strengthened soul had descended on this earth to start its divine journey
#       The religious atmosphere at home and her interest in singing devotional songs with her friends and meditating for long hours even at a tender age sowed the seeds for her future intense spiritual sadhana
#       The mantropadesam from her Sadgurus paved the path of ideal sadhana and was enriched by sastras.It also helped her in gaining the spiritual cooperation from her husband.

        But these ritualistic practices alone do not suffice to transform a human conscience to a divine presence. The intense desire to be liberated arises from within and ignites the mind and the intellect. This internal thirst to realise the truth propels one into action. Such a person becomes a true SISHYA and a SADHAK!

In the next part of this topic we shall see Kamalamma garu’s svadyayam!


JAI SREE MATA…

3 comments:

  1. I read Charita many times but such analysis is really wonderful. I heard in one of the speeches about VenkataRatnam Pantulu garu's mother and Santananda Swamy garu's spiritual and philosophical life as well and as mentioned in article definitely elevated soul like Kamalambika has to be born in such family.

    This article also has definition of SISHYA/SADAKA , I now wonder can I call myself a SISHYA .? I am blessed to be associated with SADGURU'S like RATNAMAKKA but following certain practices she preached (I am referring to Gnana Vahini on how one can become a SISHYA and then SADAK . I need not mention but one of the qualities of SADGURU is they preach what they practice)is quite difficult but now realized that one needs to have that urge and I am inspired to make some changes in my lifestyle so I can cherish such great wealth and pass it on to generations.

    With time I am also observing only those SISHYULU are being more associated with Guruji who are practicing (doing SADANA)but not just reading/hearing speeches.

    All those who are contributing to make such great forum available at a mouse click for thousand of followers itself is a great SADANA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On listening to Ratna Aunty's speeches from the website, I started to feel that they were all directed towards me..Every speech had so much essence suggesting ways and means to correct oneself through self introspection and become a better human..

    SADHANA - Sounds simple n doable but when it came to practicality, I realized that I have miles and miles to go before I can sleep...One statement that always comes back to me is "Knowing the right path is equivalent to not knowing it as long as you don't take it. Practicing what you aspire is the means to Sadhana."

    'WHO IS KAMALAMBIKA' made me realize that SHE is the Beginning (Liberation n Eternal Bliss) and the END ( Worldly Desires, Greed n Ignorance).
    Staying in constant touch with HER through Guru Charitra, Satsang Speeches and the Forum helps prevent me from drifting away into the worldly desires and remain connected to my SADHNA and pave my way towards spiritual pleasure.

    Thank you for all the great efforts behind the website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blessed Atma Bhandhu,

    Firstly, I would like to convey my congratulations to you for getting these blessing to poineer this wonderful task. I am the one of the happiest persons who are enjoying these devotional rare fruits- I thank our Guruji and all the people who made wonderful effrots on this.

    The modest & greatest title has been given like Kamalopanishad. Unfortunately, I could not find that essence in the first 3 articals as those were more into introductory.

    Now, after reading these articles - 1st one is how sadguru matha kamalambika formed for us and second one is the full meaning of kamalopanishad - it came to know that it is running with the blessings of Guruji only with our blessed atma bhandhu for this particular task.

    Upanishad's show the way of life.

    Kamalopanishad shows only the Ultimate way of life like simple and successful manner for human being. I believe whatever comes from Kamalopanishad will have to change the life towards right with immediate action while reading next minute onwards.

    If I am wrong or hurted anybody please forgive me and hope amman will bless me.
    Thanks One and All.

    Mahesh.Cheruvu




    ReplyDelete